Re: etch-test-powerpc

Ronny Aasen wrote:
Holger Levsen wrote:
Hi,

On Saturday 03 February 2007 14:56, Holger Levsen wrote:
Ronny added some newworld recipes today (thanks!), so I selected automatic
partitioning, but then ended up in partman again. But we got one step
further: the debian-edu partitioning profiles were there, and I choose the workstation layout. (I selected workstation and standalone as install types
before.)

The installation then went fine, but in the end it says again "no boot
loader installed" :(

Trying main-server profile now...

Which does autopartitioning, yay!

But it fails :-/ "failed to partition: this probably failed because there are too many (primary) partitions in the partition table."

I dont really understand this, because

grep primary lib/partman/recipes-powerpc-powermac_newworld/90edumain |wc -l
2

Also, why does autopartitioning not happen if I choose "workstation" and "standalone"? Is that the same on i386?

A little thinking goes a long way. The automatic_partitioning() function in debian-edu-profile contains lines like this.

db_set "partman-auto/expert_recipe_file" /lib/partman/recipes/90edumain

basicaly they hardcode the recipe preseed with the filename based on the profile chosen.
i guess we need something like

db_set "partman-auto/expert_recipe_file" /lib/partman/recipes$arch$subarch/90edumain where $arch = "-powerpc" and $subarch= "-powermac_newworld" if running in such a system.

so if you use partman manually eg with expert mode you should see the recipes and be able to choose them, and have them work.
but when preseeded the i386 recipes are used.

Ronny Aasen

I have implemented the above into debian-edu-profile. it seams to not break the i386 installer.
eager to see what happen on the powerpc.

after choosing the profile one can check on tty2 with debconf-dumpdb configdb | grep recipe_file what preseeding that was set.

Ronny