Re: etch-test-powerpc

On 12:16 Fri 02 Feb     , Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tested etch-test-powerpc yesterday (on a g3 233 mhz imac newworld) and
> discountered a problem:
>
> If I answer the "really use the automatic partition tool" with "no", the
> question infinitly comes back. Then I answered "yes" (didnt have much
> choice), and, ended up in the manual partitioner. Does i386 have the same
> issue?
>
> Then, in the end, the installer informs me that no bootloader was installed,
> but the yaboot-installer.udeb is now present.
>
> When I choose automatic partioning in the beginning, the installer complains
> that the apple bootstrap partition is not there. Where are the partman
> recipes kept?
>
> Also I noted that when I choose standalone, I'm prompted for local user
> creation (and not only the root passwd) - is that the same on i386?

I get an efika[1] today and I will test your dvd with this board. Morevover, my
pegasos[2] will be available during this week and I will test on this hardware
debian-edu too. I will send feedback ASAP on this list.

Have you tested this powerpc dvd on your pegasos ?

Otherwise, one of the main developer of parted should make a talk during the
fosdem, I will try to meet this guy, so if someone has a question...

[1]http://www.pegasosppc.com/efika.php
[2]http://www.pegasosppc.com/pegasos.php

friendly,
--