Re: Privacy, fare well. Hope we will see you again

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 23:17:52 +0100
Bjorn Ove Grotan <bgrotan@grotan.com> wrote:

> Jonas Smedegaard:

> > On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 19:25:12 +0100
> > Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@err.no> wrote:
> >
> > > * Jonas Smedegaard

> > > Only in some countries, not in Norway, for instance.
> >
> > Oh - didn't know that.
> >
> > You have mountains too. And you invented the paperclip and the
> > cheese cutter (or however it is expressed in english). Now that
> > I've grown tired of playing with Lego my country has not a lot to
> > offer :-P
>
> Not even hakkeböf, "en lille en" and red hot-dogs? Oh well :-)

Nah. Personally I prefer a real steak, Scotch, and pita with kebab. :-)

> I think even the scandinavian countries has some cooperation on the
> demand for proper identification as well - being a norwegian, you
> don't need a norwegian passport to travel to e.g. Sweden and vice
> versa.

That's true for Denmark too:

Before the Schengen treaty danes could travel to Norway and Sweden with
no need for an ID.

Now we must carry photo ID even within Denmark.

Sure, no _passport_ is required - a drivers license will do as well.

In Denmark the Schengen treaty is interpreted as the police can request
a governmental issued photo ID at *any* time. In reality it's mostly
used for "criminally looking" persons like those with dark skin. :-P

 - Jonas

- --