Re: Privacy, fare well. Hope we will see you again (Was: Debian Edu Extremadura work meeting june 2006)

On Wednesday 04 January 2006 12:52, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> * Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> [2006-01-04 10:50:41]:
> > [Andreas Schuldei]
> >
> > > Please send me your passport number and your name *EXACTLY* as they
> > > appear in your passport. otherwise you might have problems to
> > > retrive your eticket at the airport.
> >
> > Wow, that was a new one.  I've never seen a ticket office requiring
> > passport number before.  For privacy reasons, I prefer not to share
> > that number with the ticket office.  Why is it not enough with name
> > and address?
>
> it is year old standard policy by airlines to require these two details of
> information for ticket pickup at airports.
wasn't the case for me last may

> you  seem to overreact.
I definately disagree here "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty." --
Wendell Phillips(1811-1884)

and besides the privacy concerns there's the litle fact that as a European
Citizen you don't need a passport to travel inside of Europe. I know I
don't currently have one as my last one expired a couple of years ago.
--
Cheers, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)