Re: Privacy, fare well. Hope we will see you again (Was: Debian Edu Extremadura work meeting june 2006)

* Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> [2006-01-04 10:50:41]:

> [Andreas Schuldei]
> > Please send me your passport number and your name *EXACTLY* as they
> > appear in your passport. otherwise you might have problems to
> > retrive your eticket at the airport.
>
> Wow, that was a new one.  I've never seen a ticket office requiring
> passport number before.  For privacy reasons, I prefer not to share
> that number with the ticket office.  Why is it not enough with name
> and address?

it is year old standard policy by airlines to require these two
details of information for ticket pickup at airports. you
seem to overreact.

alternatively you can book yourself, run the resulting costs past
Dario (in the cc) and be refunded later. Aparently Dario is
hesistant to do this because it takes a long time (3month?) for
the refund to take place because of administrative detours.