Re: evelopers meeting from the 8th to the 12th of january in Soissons (France)

Fredag 08 desember 2006 20:43, skrev Marie-Laure DAINESI:
> So, it's possible to change the dates to try to find
> the better  period. So, If you prefer we can talk about that during
> an online meeting to be able to define the date for the january
> meeting.

My suggestion is to include on of the weekends in addition to the week:
e.g Jan 13th-14th 2007 or Jan 6th-7th.

Usually we decide dates by a kind of woting. People sign on to different
dates (weekends or weeks). The week or weekends that get most
developers is chosen. When going abroad the dates are mostly fixed by
the organisers. Thats ok too.

My suggestion is to introducing some flexibility with an additional
weekend. An additional weekend will probably make it easier to
participate (as explained earlier where people have trouble to get days
off in the week).

The question is basically, will there be extra participants that could
join the developer gatherings if it was included a weekend before or
after the second week in January (8-12th)? If this is an option, do
you prefer the 6-7th of January or the 13-14th?

By adding two extra fields in the table of participants, people can add
a cross for whats most convenient. Give people a week to decide, and
thats it. Everything is settled.

I don't think that the dates now selected should be changed. That will
only make additonal problems for the 10 persons said yes to join for
now.

Is this possible?

Best regards

Knut Yrvin