Re: changes to the debian-edu tasks

* Steffen Jöris <Steffen.Joeris@skolelinux.de> [061207 17:42]:

> Hi
>
> I changed some tasks in the debian-edu package and uploaded it to
> debian-edu/local etch-test .
> First of all I made sure that luma[0] made it on the first CD.

I object, that a ldap browser is the right tool for
teachers to administrate a lot of pupils.

I had a look at luma, lat, phpmyldap and gq and there are no role
based administration tools. This is the advantage CipUX has.

Teachers like to have tools to

- switch internet off and on
  for a group

- switch off and on
  applications

- administrate quotas

- reset or restore of user home dir

- switch different desktops,
  depending on roles or
  agegroups

  and so on.

CipUX supports this features.

The reason, why the moodle comunity looks at the
development of CipUX, is because of the similar concept.

Please help Xavier by packaging CipUX.

> Cheers
> Steffen

Regards/AmicaLinuxement/Viele Gruesse!