Re: Suggestion for this weekend's developer gathering

* Halvor Dahl <halvor@slxdrift.no> [061010 18:25]:

> Hi.
>

> Many schools would like to set up print quotas for students in
> Skolelinux.  I have
> been told this is possible in cups, but we have not been able to get it
> working.
>
> Anyone who knows how to do this?  If it is not working, is there anyone
> who would
> like to crack the problem during this weekend's gathering?

We had a workshop in our testcenter (germany) in march 2006 with
Till Kampeter (linuxprinting.org).

all in german ;-)

http://wiki.skolelinux.de/ArbeitsTreffen0603

some results

http://wiki.skolelinux.de/ArbeitsTreffen0603/Ergebnisse

http://wiki.skolelinux.de/ArbeitsTreffen0603/Programm/SeminarDruckenPrintaccounting

we found out:

quota with pykota and mysql is working

quota with pyqota and LDAP, we had not enough time to improve.

perhaps you research in this direction.

some fotos

http://wiki.skolelinux.de/ArbeitsTreffen0603/Fotos

http://wiki.skolelinux.de/ArbeitsTreffen0603/Fotos2