Re: Suggestions to reduce spams in slschools database

RalfGesellensetter skrev:
> Hi Finn-Arne. Thanks for your comments...
>
> Am Freitag 28 Juli 2006 11:43 schrieb Finn-Arne Johansen:
>>>  3.    Make URLs non-clickable in general.
>> the urls to register ?? I guess that only would lead to fewer
>> registered schools :(
>
> No, I meant the links that are meant to point to the schools' home pages
> but are used to promote some web shops. If those links are hidden for
> some days or even weeks (because an admin is sleeping) we still have
> the geodata to find the place ;)
>
> Kind regards
> Ralf
>
> PS: I could implement #2 or #3 in no time. Email confirmation takes some
> weeks or months because I lack the experience how to do it.

in the (very) old version of "testskoler", there was some activation
form, sp that the school contact would have to acknowledge that his
information was about to be changed or deleted. I guess we could look at
that framework. Looks like it uses one table that is not present in our
database for now, school_verify, which I dont know what looked like.
In our Database, we have 2 fields we could use for verification purposes:
 update_of and deleted.
or we could add one additional columns to our database.

Something like:
 When school is first created ->
  add some number in the column update_of
  send some email like this to the contact:
-----------------
Dear Admin.
Thank you for registering with our school database.
Please log in, and verify the contact information here:
http://www.skolelinux.no/slschools/verify.php?id=nnnnn&email=contact@school.de

 When admin has confirmed the information about the school
  update school set update_of = NULL where schoold_id = <somenumber>

Although it's wrong to use the column update_of for this, it works, and
I guess most of the code is already there in the code-tree.

I'll try to have a look at it.

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no http://bzz.no/