Re: Suggestions to reduce spams in slschools database

RalfGesellensetter skrev:
> Dear List,
>
> from time to time we had annoying entries in our school database.
> Cleaning up regularily is already a good thing, but in order to solve
> the problem, there are further steps to take.
>
> On http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Teams/SiteMap I suggested 3
> solutions. Please add your comments there, too.
>
> === Wiki Quote: ===
> Problem
>
> From time to time, obscure advertisements are placed in our Database.
> Suggested Solutions
>
>  1.    Send mail to commits mailing list whenever a new entry is added.

What about sending an email for the person who registered a new site,
requiring them to acknowledge the information. Not sure if they could
reply by email, I dont think it's possible to send emails to developer
directly, but some fetchmail script could maybe be used. An acknowledge
url would be better I think.

>  2.    Hide URLs of new schools until an admin confirms the validity of
>         the new entry

I guess we (at some point will) lack admins to do the job

>  3.    Make URLs non-clickable in general.

the urls to register ?? I guess that only would lead to fewer registered
schools :(

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no http://bzz.no/