Re: Call for artwork: boot screen with progress bar

Dear List,

Am Donnerstag 27 Juli 2006 08:30 schrieb Petter Reinholdtsen:
> Ah, yes.  All those in
> http://www.skolelinux.de/~ralf/artwork/bootsplash/ look a lot better
> than the test image in usplash.  But there do not appear to be a
> text-area indicated in the images, and their resolutin is very high.
> Not sure if that is a problem, but suspect it is.

The version of splasy I tested worked alright with any kernel >2.6.
The splashy screen just displays an image and a growing progress bar. If
you hit ESC, you will get a text only console, so there was no need for
a text frame.

With LiveBackup we had some bootsplash/usplash which provides a special
kernel. For testing reasons we had produced screens which are not yet
mature enough for official releases:

luisa1-silent works alright, the frame was placed by bootsplash in a way
that tux lured over the corner.

http://wiki.skolelinux.de/Splashy has got further readings. When I have
more time, I will look for another Skolelinux screen for splashy I made
some months ago.

Regards
Ralf