Re: Call for artwork: boot screen with progress bar

[Ralf Gesellensetter]
> Dear Petter,
> some time ago I fiddled around with splashy boot image/progress bar.
> Please have a look at
>
> http://www.skolelinux.de/~ralf/artwork/

Ah, yes.  All those in
http://www.skolelinux.de/~ralf/artwork/bootsplash/ look a lot better
than the test image in usplash.  But there do not appear to be a
text-area indicated in the images, and their resolutin is very high.
Not sure if that is a problem, but suspect it is.

I notice you tested with splashy.  I need to do more testing with it
before I have an opinion on which of usplash and splashy are best for
our use.  I notice splashy went into unstable yesterday.  I expect
usplash to go into unstable this or next week.  I've had most luck
with usplash so far, but have not spent much time investigating
splashy, so that might change. :)

My splash screen testing is mostly a by-product of my work on the boot
system packages, so I am not sure how much more time I am going to
spend on usplash/splashy. :)

Friendly,