Re: [CipUX] Import to SVN stole one byte from *.png files

Hi,

On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 02:16:03PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Thu, 25 May 2006, Christian Kuelker wrote:
> Just replace the file and make sure it's treated as binary instead of
> text. It may be related to EOL conversion.

Yes investigated and it should be related to EOL conversion.
I found out that *.gif and *.jpg are effected too.

As this may affect over 100 files, is there a automatic way?

> Check the SVN property "svn:mime-type", it should be
> "application/octet-stream".

Can this globally added to the repository?
I could not positively veryfy this for one file.

@Lior and Xavier:

nobody reported that the the *.png files are OK and nobody reported that *.png
files are broken in svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/cipux/trunk. So I exported
them on command line and with Gentoo svn commands. But every time they are
broken. So my conclusion is: the Repository is broken at that point.

What to do?

(1) Fix the *.png in the existing repository

 - Any ideas how to do that.

 - replace the *.png in a workcopy and commit do not work,
   after check out they are still broken

(2) Reimport the SVN repository from CVS with --no-default-eol
    (Thanks to Raphael Herzog, pointing to EOL!)

 - I tested that with succes on
   svn+ssh://svn.cipworx.org/srv/svn/cipux/trunk

 - Of course this could have some other side effects which I do not
   know.

 - but I do not now how I can find out if there was a commit to
   the repository.

Any comments are welcome.

Yours
Christian