Cipux on Ubuntu (was Re: Cipux on alioth)

I have just received a mail from Xavier on DE-fr about Cipux.

Cipux looks like a very interesting project for all educative platforms.

I use Edubuntu with LTSP (Dapper preview ) and not skolelinux and I am
wonder how difficult it would be to install Cipux from scratch on a
fresh Edubuntu Dapper that does *not* have any ldap, nor webmin
(webmin is not packaged for Ubuntu).

Does Cipux use the usual PO mechanism for internationalisation and
translation, and does it work with a French interface (or where can I
find the .po files to translate it to French) .

Thanks,

Nicolas

--
Nicolas Pettiaux - email: nicolas.pettiaux@ael.be