Command Line Request for Adding users to group (LDAP)

Am Donnerstag 23 März 2006 16:22 schrieb Knut Yrvin:
> -- Yes, the system admins also ask for a command line tools for
>    handling users.

Indeed, this reminds me that I am still looking for the command line /
script rendering this task:

1. I have 100 teachers, all in group "teachers".
2. I have a new students group "B2006" which has its own common
subfolder in home0/Transfer/B2006. Write access is set to group
"B2006".

Now, in order to give all teachers write access to this shared folder, I
need to join them to group "B2006". With WLUS, I can do so for a single
teacher. This takes to long time for 100 teachers.

What I need is a command line or script that joins a set of users (I can
provide a list of teachers to start with) into a given group (B2006).

The minimum help I ask for is a command line joining user $U into group
$G. The maximum I hope for is a command that includes Group $G1 into
$G2 (all users in G1 will join G2).

Thanks a million
Regards
Ralf