Re: Simplifying skolelinux.org as a showcase

On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 03:25:09AM +0100, Knut Yrvin wrote:

> > I read those minutes from your leaders meeting only as interesting
> > ideas.
>
> I know you well enough to engage in this debate with you Jonas, other
> than to repeat my question:

I think Jonas have read a few thread on this list that you have
missed. But I don't think that is an interesting topic to discuss
here, so we can take it over a beer (and soda) later. :)

> It would be nice if sombody gave me some feedback on the design:
>
> http://developer.skolelinux.no/~knuty/skolelinux_mockup.jpg

I think this design look good! Petter Reinholdtsen asked if this can
be implemented in a moinmoin-wiki, and I believe an answer to that
question is important for the further discussion to this topic.

If it is not possible to implement the design and content in a
moinmoin-wiki, you mean that we will have to have a
skolelinux.org-website in addition to Debian's Wiki [1]?

I think we shall keep the number of web technologies to a minimum and
stick to moinmoin-wiki's and static html-pages. So if a moinmoin-wiki
is not an opportunity, I guess static html-pages can do the job? You
said that your plans does not involve more than 10-20 different pages?
And maintaining static html-pages in SVN is something we know how to
do, and do well. :) The job would just be to get the design and empty
pages in place.

It is also a much smaller job to maintain (talking with my drift@-hat
on) a solution with statical html-pages than a solution which involve
a framework (like Plone and Ez).

- Werner

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu