Re: Subversion repository set up for testing

On 2005-10-10 01:14:52 Øyvind A. Holm wrote:
> I notice the svn version at developer is 1.0.0 . This version is not
> able to cope with FSFS repositories, and there are several other
> shortcomings compared to the current stable version (1.2.3), a summary
> of what’s changed is at http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/CHANGES
> . The current svn version could also work, but it is only able to use
> Berkeley DB repositories which is not generally portable unless the
> exact same DB versions are used on the machines. The 1.0.x branch was
> also obsoleted when 1.2.x came out and will probably not be updated
> anymore.

But on second thoughts, this should not be much of a problem. The
repository can be reloaded at developer using Berkeley DB. The best
thing is probably to stick with the svn version which is in Debian
woody, 1.0.0 . "svn lock/unlock" will not be available, but other things
like versioning of symlinks is done on the client side, so it will still
work.

Regards,
Øyvind A. Holm
--