Re: the .org proposal or "join forces"

On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 09:36:20PM +0100, Ole-Anders Andreassen wrote:

> > The site could be split into different subdomains reflecting the
> > different users rather than technologies:
> >
> > * www.skolelinux.org (International Portal)
> > * blogs.skolelinux.org (Blogs)
> > * planet.skolelinux.org (Planet)
> > * people.skolelinux.org (Pages about members)
> > * wiki.skolelinux.org (Wiki)
> > * doc.skolelinux.org (Documentation)
> > * bugs.skolelinux.org (Bugtracking)
>
> What about schools.skolelinux.org ?

I agree .. but I think that we should keep the domains to a
minimum and rather have something like this:

 o http://skolelinux.org/  -> forwarded to /wiki/ (?)
 o http://skolelinux.org/wiki/
 o http://skolelinux.org/blogs/
 o http://skolelinux.org/planet/
 o http://skolelinux.org/doc/
 o http://skolelinux.org/schools/
 o http://bugs.skolelinux.org/
 o http://people.skolelinux.org/ or http://folk.skolelinux.org/

> On the norwegian list's I've been asking about blogs.  Petter told me about
> this thread on debian-edu@lists.
>
> As a skolelinux-administrator on a school, I belive that a blog and a wiki
> would be a great suplement to the already existing documentation.
>
> I also belive that it's important to bring the developers and the
> administrators closer together. Blogging could be one way to do this...

Blogs and people's homepages (people.s.o or folk.s.o) can of course be
written in the language that each person prefers, but for the other
website's I would stronly recommend that we should use english as the
_only_ language. Why? Because it is the only language we have common,
and if we should be able to join our forces towards a common goal I
believe this is very important.

- Werner