Re: the .org proposal or "join forces"

Torsdag 01 januar 1970 00:59, skrev :
> Hi,
>
> Am Mittwoch, den 07.12.2005, 10:41 +0100 schrieb Steffen Joeris:
> > As discussed on irc I start a thread about the ".org" proposal.
> > Ok at first a short summary.
> >
> > What about working more on www.skolelinux.org and doing blogs on
> > planet.skolelinux.org, getting email accounts on @skolelinux.org and
> > having a space called people.skolelinux.org .
> > So we can provide general information of the development of
> > Skolelinux/Debian-Edu there (of course in english).
>
> my evaluation of different systems/technologies has led me to believe,
> we should use different servers for different purposes and try to
> integrate them as much as possible, so that we can have single-sign on
> for all services, similar look and feel for the user no matter what
> service is used and benefit from the respective strength of each tool.
>
> I suggest to have servers for:
>
> * Content Management System
> * Blogs
> * Planet
> * Documentation with Docbook
> * Wiki
> * Bugtracking
>
> The site could be split into different subdomains reflecting the
> different users rather than technologies:
>
> * www.skolelinux.org (International Portal)
> * blogs.skolelinux.org (Blogs)
> * planet.skolelinux.org (Planet)
> * people.skolelinux.org (Pages about members)
> * wiki.skolelinux.org (Wiki)
> * doc.skolelinux.org (Documentation)
> * bugs.skolelinux.org (Bugtracking)

What about schools.skolelinux.org ?

On the norwegian list's I've been asking about blogs.  Petter told me about
this thread on debian-edu@lists.

As a skolelinux-administrator on a school, I belive that a blog and a wiki
would be a great suplement to the already existing documentation.

I also belive that it's important to bring the developers and the
administrators closer together. Blogging could be one way to do this...

--
Ole-Anders Andreassen
IKT-Ansvarlig