Re: About cvs for french dev.

Am Dienstag, den 06.12.2005, 14:15 +0100 schrieb Benjamin Sonntag:
> Hi all,
>
> The french team who is developping skolelinux since 2005-05 has no cvs
> for now.
>
> I joined the team on 2005-11 and convinced them to use cvs for our
> sources. cool idea huh ?
>
> Do you think it is possible to have a dedicated cvs module in your
> debian-edu cvs server for the french project, or do you think we'd
> rather use our own cvs in France (we can administrate a local version of
> course) ? We want to store our specific packages sources in this cvs and
> the cd builder scripts too.
>
> We also want to use some scripts to send a mail when a commit is sent to
> the repository so that our french server can do nightly builds and so
> that our mailing list can receive cvs commit warning messages.
>
> What is your opinion and what solution do you prefer ?

The German Skolelinux team addressed the issue last night at our meeting
in Gütersloh. We are against having too many seperate SVN/CVS
repositories. We would prefer to have a branch for the extra CD on the
Norwegian SVN Server. We should all try to combine our forces concerning
SVN/CVS and Content Management.

We recently formed a task force for Content Management. So far we have
been testing and evaluating different systems (Zope/Plone 2.1, Drupal,
Typo3, Xaraya, Daisy,...). We would like to include your proposals
(Spip,...) and try to find a solution that can last and will serve all
users for a long time. We are especially keen on managing multilingual
content and having the data stored in a way that allows to retrieve the
information in a sensible way from the system in case we want to migrate
one day.

Kind regards
David