Re: About cvs for french dev.

hanks Benjamin for this mail

Let me explain again what we try to do in France

We're builiding a companion CD, a CD number two. Which has to be installed when
the sarge based CD is installed.
The goal of this CD is to adapt our very good work to speficities of education
in france. This CD has now 380 Mo.

- With a lot of free educational softwares: some of can be found for the moment
only in french, we've started with the german team and Abuledu.org to translate
a part of them...
- With an Intranet which uses Moodle.org, We've added to moodle some speficic
modules: the management of the white and black list, which is used for the
acces to internet in french schools (white list = list of allowed sites), a
comptency book, to follow the progress of each student, a lot of documentation
on how to use these softwares but also a lot of pedagogical scenarios. for the
future we want to add a tool for the management of a school...
- With Skels: different desktops made for each education cycle using kde and
windowmaker. These skels are copied in the home of the user at the user creation
time.
- ...

have just a look on http://schlossgul.org/wakka.php?wiki=LisTe to have an idea
about our work.

We hope that all this work will be usefull in the main project.

When we ask for a dedicated cvs module it's for our second CD. We'll, has we do
since the beginning of our work, continue to take part in the main project.

Thierry STAUDER
French Skolelinux team