Re: Compiling a Skolelinux CD

Finn-Arne Johansen wrote:

Did you first run "./buildcd --prepare" ?

No, I didn't. I tried that now (also with a clean apt/ and d-i/ directory) but it didn't help.

One other thing I had to do was changing the sources.list to include contrib and non-free. With these not included some packages were not available.

The script line where it fails is this one:
  apt-get --assume-yes $QUIET --download-only \
    $(for OPT in $APTOPTIONS ; do echo -n "-o $OPT " ; done) \
    install $(grep -v "^#" apt/bootstrap.pkg)

I tried changing that into:
  grep -v "^#" apt/bootstrap.pkg | while read pkg
  do
        echo "  => $pkg"
        apt-get --assume-yes $QUIET --download-only \
$(for OPT in $APTOPTIONS ; do echo -n "-o $OPT " ; done) \
                install $pkg
  done

to install all the packages one for one. No error was raised after this change. Though I have not yet tested the resulting ISO image.

Do you have an idea what could cause the error? The fix is not really a good idea because it takes much longer to process the installations.

Why do you want to build your own image ?

I want to try some debian-edu-config customizations (see the thread "Custom configuration of network clients" from last week).