Re: AUTOFS + LDAP Doubt. /skole mount point or /skole/tjener/home0 mount point?

Sergi Tur/SGA/UPC wrote:
> Thank you for your answer. I think I'm starting to learn how it works...
> But....
> On date 12/11/2005 23:59:54  Finn-Arne Johansen wrote:
>
>>Sergi Tur/SGA/UPC wrote:
>>
>>>Hello everybody!
>>>
>>>First of all sorry for my English. I have been mounting a SkoleLinux
>>>network for a Spanish association in Barcelona. We have some problems
>>>concerning with workstations and acces to file server.
>>>
>>>I have a doubt with mountpoints that AUTOFS+ lDAP use to mount de user's
>>>HOME
>>
>>Well, it works, And I'll try to explain why.
>>
>>>My case:
>>>File: /etc/default/autofs
>>>File: /etc/init.d/autofs
>>>===============
>>>But in /etc/exports we export /skole/tjener/home0
>>>I think that is an error. It is?
>>nope. This is correct. I'll try to explain later.
>>
>>>I test in a workstation
>>>
>>>$ mount -t nfs tjener:/skole /skole
>>>mount: tjener:/skole failed, reason given by server: Acces denied
>>
>>The reason for this is that /skole is not exported from the server.
>>But you're not using automount here, you are using regular mounting. But
>>if you take look in /etc/auto.master on the client, you will find that
>>/skole is automounted, and subfolders should be looked up using ldap.
>

> Only one problem. I searched in 3 workstations and I don't find the
> /etc/auto.master file!!!

Ahh, you use woody. Then the definition of the ldap-automount was
somewhat different on the clients, but the result is the same.

> I usually use the Klaus work (thank you very much Klauss) at
> http://www.skolelinux.org/~klaus/newnotater....
>
> In this page http://www.skolelinux.org/~klaus/newnotater/a3794.html I
> suggest that workstations didn't use
> /etc/auto.master file.
>
> I'm a bit confused at this moment....

NO Problem, woody did not use auto.master, but instead used another file
called ... let me check ..., hmm, cant find it, as I only have
main-server installations left on woody. :)

> Anyway, can you send an /etc/auto.master example file?

As Said, we used a different method for autofs-ldap on woody, so the
auto.master file is not relevant. Although it seems we could have used
the same approach in woody as we use in sarge.

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no http://bzz.no/