Fwd: Re: AUTOFS + LDAP Doubt. /skole mount point or /skole/tjener/home0 mount point?

Hi Sergi,

mistakenly you sent your reply via PM instead of posting it to the list,
so I'll forward it to give mote people the chance to reply.

Subject: Re: AUTOFS + LDAP Doubt. /skole mount point
or /skole/tjener/home0 mount point?
Date: Samstag 12 November 2005 13:49
From: Sergi Tur/SGA/UPC <sergi.tur@upc.edu>
To: RalfGesellensetter <rgx@gmx.de>

On date 12/11/2005 12:18:08  RalfGesellensetter wrote:
>Am Samstag 12 November 2005 11:45 schrieb Sergi Tur/SGA/UPC:
>> First of all sorry for my English. I have been mounting a SkoleLinux
>> network for a Spanish association in Barcelona. We have some
>> problems concerning with workstations and acces to file server.
>
>Hola Sergi,
>
>gracias para tu letra (voy a continuar en ingles):
>
>In order to help you, we need to know the exact version of your server
>and your clients. If in doubt, you should find a notice
>in /etc/apt/sources.list.

I use a Woody version Debian GNU/Linux edu 1.0 r1 _Woody_ - Unofficial
 i386 Binary-1 (20041214).
I installed SkoleLinux from iso image downloaded at SkoleLinux web
 site.

I upgraded the system uncomenting skolelinux repositories at
/etc/apt/sources.list and executing a apt-get upgrade command

My /etc/apt/sources.list file at tjener server:

sergi.tur@tjener:~$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list
#deb file:///cdrom/ woody main local

#deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux edu 1.0 r1 _Woody_ - Unofficial i386
 Binary-1 (20041214)]/ unstable contrib local main
 main/debian-installer non-US/contrib non-US/main non-US/non-free
 non-free

[cut]

The same for one of my work-stations.

>There had been problems with automount between sarge clients and woody
>server which should be solved now (pr05).

Ok that seems interesting to me because I tried to integrate and Ubuntu
Hoary without succes.. Wich kinds of problems did you have?

>Please, also read
>instructions for post-installation (if it is a Sarge version).

Where can I found the post-installation file. I think I could readed it
when I executed apt-get upgrade but now I don't know where to go to
 re-read the file.

>More on demand ;)

One more question:

How can I upgrade my server to Sarge? Is there any documentation about
 that topic? and .... Do you recommend me to upgrade?

Thank you very much