Re: AUTOFS + LDAP Doubt. /skole mount point or /skole/tjener/home0 mount point?

Thank you for your answer. I think I'm starting to learn how it works...

But....

On date 12/11/2005 23:59:54  Finn-Arne Johansen wrote:

>Sergi Tur/SGA/UPC wrote:
>>
>> Hello everybody!
>>
>> First of all sorry for my English. I have been mounting a SkoleLinux
>> network for a Spanish association in Barcelona. We have some problems
>> concerning with workstations and acces to file server.
>>
>> I have a doubt with mountpoints that AUTOFS+ lDAP use to mount de user's
>> HOME
>
>Well, it works, And I'll try to explain why.
>
>> My case:
>> File: /etc/default/autofs
>

>> File: /etc/init.d/autofs
>> ===============
>

>> But in /etc/exports we export /skole/tjener/home0
>>
>> I think that is an error. It is?
>
>nope. This is correct. I'll try to explain later.
>

>> I test in a workstation
>>
>> $ mount -t nfs tjener:/skole /skole
>> mount: tjener:/skole failed, reason given by server: Acces denied
>
>The reason for this is that /skole is not exported from the server.
>But you're not using automount here, you are using regular mounting. But
>if you take look in /etc/auto.master on the client, you will find that
>/skole is automounted, and subfolders should be looked up using ldap.

Only one problem. I searched in 3 workstations and I don't find the
/etc/auto.master file!!!

I usually use the Klaus work (thank you very much Klauss) at
http://www.skolelinux.org/~klaus/newnotater....

In this page http://www.skolelinux.org/~klaus/newnotater/a3794.html I
suggest that workstations didn't use
/etc/auto.master file.

I'm a bit confused at this moment....

Anyway, can you send an /etc/auto.master example file?