Re: nscd problem

On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 04:22:11PM +0200, Ralf Gesellensetter wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 20. September 2005 11:11 schrieb GesellensetterRalf:
> > 2.3.5-6 0
>
> hi there,
>
> for now, I only upgraded libc6 and nscd to 2.3.5-6 for now. Yes, I alread
> realized that this is a testing version - if the trouble keeps going, I will
> downgrade to      2.3.2.ds1-22.

If the problem presist with whatever version,
then remove the nscd package and observate the system again for a while.

Yes, I'm suggesting to cut away something that skolelinux has default.

| NSCD(8)              BSD System Manager's Manual NSCD(8)
|
| NAME
|  nscd - name service caching daemon
|
| SYNOPSIS
|  nscd [OPTION...]
|
| DESCRIPTION
|  Nscd caches libc-issued requests to the Name Service. If retrieving NSS
|  data is fairly expensive, nscd is able to speed up consecutive access to
|  the same data dramatically and increase overall system performance.
|  Nscd should be run at boot time by /etc/init.d/nscd.

What I trying to say is that it is better to have a not so fast reliable system
then a fast unreliable system.

Something else:
Please report it also in skolelinux bugzilla.

Cheers
Geert Stappers