Re: nscd problem

Hi Geert, thanks for your answer.

Am Mittwoch 21 September 2005 10:27 schrieb Geert Stappers:
> What I trying to say is that it is better to have a not so fast
> reliable system then a fast unreliable system.

Does this mean that there is a different if nscd crashes or if it never
run at all (because it is not installed)?

> Something else:
> Please report it also in skolelinux bugzilla.

The versions I used where outdated - and some other packages where from
testing, as I realized today. So I don't know if this is a valid bug
report.

After upgrading libc6 and nscd to testing, the problem increased - and
only restarting /etc/init.d/networking solved it for some minutes. I
believe that nfs server version disharmonized with the newer nscd /
libc6.

No I removed all non-sarge sources and downgraded nscd/libc6
to ...-dsl-22. I will keep on reporting.

Regards
Ralf.