Re: [Fwd: International Debian-Edu Gathering]

* Finn-Arne Johansen <faj@bzz.no> [050919 20:55]:

> I dont understand why people are sending me private emails that concerns
> everyone.

Because they had to learn this.

> Maybe they feel that I'm doing to much, and wants me to slow down ?
> Or maybe they think that I dont have enough to do ?
>
> Anyway - I'm trying not to be mr Debian-edu, and we've just had a
> gathering to prove that I'm not. In fact - I didn't even participate.
> I'm no authority in this community, and I dont want to be. IN fact I
> guess I'll stop caring, and leave the community, maybe someone else will
> start to get these mails.

Everybody who is active, has authority.

> I think pere has had the same feeling, and knuty, and I guess a bunch of
> other people, why cant people start treating us as a group instead of
> individuals. When we try to have a public mailinglist, they keep sending
> personal emails. When we try to have a private mailinglist, for private
> discussions, that otherwise would have been emails between personals,
> they fight for the right to poke in and monitor the mailing list. I dont
> get it. I think I'll leave you all alone.
>
> Se you later (maybe)
>
> // Finn-Arne
> Former PreRelease manager of Debian-edu CD's

We need to protect our active members (overload) and we had to give youngsters more
than one chance to learn. (some needs more, some less time).

We have a proposal and called it NewMemberProcess:

german:
http://www.skolelinux.de/wiki/NewMember/Prozess
english:
http://www.skolelinux.de/wiki/NewMember/Process
last part still not translated

Who will help?

french:
http://www.skolelinux.de/wiki/NewMember/?
still not translated

comments and constructive remarks are welcome.

Regards/AmicaLinuxement/Viele Gruesse!
Kurt Gramlich
--
kurt@skolelinux.de