Re: birth of a french community around Skolelinux

* Thierry STAUDER <sthierry@free.fr> [050520 16:43]:

> With the Emmaüs community in Forbach, we searched how to employ old computers.
> We choose to use them as client from a SkoleLinux network.
>
> First, thanks for your work!
>
> We are try to adapt it. We try to respond on what the French schools needs. It
> means that we add some French software made for use in schools according to the
> B2I (Brevet Informatique et Internet). We add also a lot of manuals in french
> for these software. We want to add an Intranet with a webmail service, a wiki,
> and private directory, which could be accessible at home thru Internet?
> At the end of this job, we hope jully 2005, we are going to release a script
> which will install all these things in one command. We hope to finish that for
> September 2005. After that we will be able to propose an Iso that could
> complete the Venus version and make it much more interesting in France.
>
> We are working on the translation of the documentation of the project. The
> architecture manual will be ready soon. We?re going to start with the IKT
> manual. For this job we took the files for kbabel on the site.

Last sunday we finished the german translation. Perhaps our
docbook geek has some time saving hints for you.

> We?re at the moment more or less 15 persons working on it at time. Most of us
> are in the north east of France on the German border?
> let's ses us : http://schlossgul.org/wakka.php?wiki=SchlossGul

nice wikipage

> It you want to discover our project visit http://www.schlossgul.org I join with
> this mail a complete explanation (in French) of what we want to do in PDF
> format.

> How should we work with you ?

i propose to meet you personally, perhaps you are able to join
one of the next meetings?

in Germany in our lern- and testcenter the next meeting you will
find at

http://www.skolelinux.de/ArbeitsTreffen0506

> We want to create a portal for french Skolelinux, with a explanation of the
> project... which already exists... but also with a space to share files for
> skolelinux and a forum. Can that be done on the international site ? or do we
> have to create an other one ?

We, the german skolelinux.de Team have decided to use our wiki as
the source of all pages in german language. So we update the
skolelinux.org pages in the plone system when something has
changed in or wiki.

We decided too, to let the wiki manpages in different languages.
So if any one of you there in the world need space for
documentation about skolelinux, you are invited to use

http://www.skolelinux.de/wiki

> For SchlossGul
> Thierry

thanks a lot, i hope to meet you soon.