birth of a french community around Skolelinux

With the Emmaüs community in Forbach, we searched how to employ old computers.
We choose to use them as client from a SkoleLinux network.

First, thanks for your work!

We are try to adapt it. We try to respond on what the French schools needs. It
means that we add some French software made for use in schools according to the
B2I (Brevet Informatique et Internet). We add also a lot of manuals in french
for these software. We want to add an Intranet with a webmail service, a wiki,
and private directory, which could be accessible at home thru Internet?
At the end of this job, we hope jully 2005, we are going to release a script
which will install all these things in one command. We hope to finish that for
September 2005. After that we will be able to propose an Iso that could
complete the Venus version and make it much more interesting in France.

We are working on the translation of the documentation of the project. The
architecture manual will be ready soon. We?re going to start with the IKT
manual. For this job we took the files for kbabel on the site.

We?re at the moment more or less 15 persons working on it at time. Most of us
are in the north east of France on the German border?
let's ses us : http://schlossgul.org/wakka.php?wiki=SchlossGul

It you want to discover our project visit http://www.schlossgul.org I join with
this mail a complete explanation (in French) of what we want to do in PDF
format.

How should we work with you ?

We want to create a portal for french Skolelinux, with a explanation of the
project... which already exists... but also with a space to share files for
skolelinux and a forum. Can that be done on the international site ? or do we
have to create an other one ?

For SchlossGul
Thierry