Re: Debian-edu/Skolelinux and Edubuntu cooperation

On Δευτέρα 09 Μάιος 2005 00:54, Halvor Dahl wrote:
> Ubuntu may sound like the right answer, but what is the question?
> In my opinion, it is "How do we get control over our release
> process?" and not "What distro should we chose?".

Fwiw, I strongly oppose jumping overboard to Ubuntu. However little my
opinion may matter, I'll just say this. Ubuntu _is_ a commercial
product. It may or may not be there in 2 or more years. However,
Debian is right now one of the longest standing distros _and_ going
stronger by the day. Do we really want to leave that? Sure it has
problems, but that's why it has 1300+ developers. To solve them. I
believe that the strongest points of Skolelinux vs the other distros
is that it actually _has_ given back to Debian.

If all we need is newer stuff, then Debian will eventually have it. I
personally don't care if I use the latest. Just sth stable and
_reasonably_ recent.

Regards

Konstantinos