Re: Skolelinux Sarge-alpha & Some samba questions

Am Sonntag, 24. April 2005 12:01 schrieb RalfGesellensetter:
> 2. Is it true, that wlus does not create samba accounts in the sarge
>    version when adding new users?

Hi there,

yesterday, we tested intensively a sarge-installation (bzzware) as PDC.
Although smb.conf seemed configured pretty well, in the beginning, we
failed to join w2k work stations (Samba 3.0.10)

In the BTS of samba we found a hint to stop nscd, as there was a caching
problem. This led to a sudden success - which kept unique alas. Then we
found a hint in the log files: tdbdump from package tdb-tools was
missing. So we apt-get installed tdb-tools which still didn't get us
much further.

Eventually we realised a message: SID already in database (or similair),
obviously the cloned installations give a problem (because we succeeded
adding the workstation after removing the SID from LDAP).

Any additional hints for that before we file it it bugzilla?

Our Venus tjener had no problems with mirrored w2k installations...
Thanks

Regards
Ralf