Re: RFS: python-visual - VPython 3D scientific visualization library

On Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 02:10:32PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> On 03-04-2005 13:45, Andreas Schuldei wrote:

> >>Are you requesting sponsorship or adoption of the package?
> >>

> >>I have had a look at the package, and find your packaging very well
> >>done. I'd like to adopt it if that's ok with you.

[...]

> Floris: You describe the package failing adoption for years, but do not
> clearly state if you are in the process of becoming a Debian developer
> or not.
>
> I offer to adopt the package and hand it back if/when Floris becomes an
> official Debian developer.

I have not applied for DD yet and was not planning to do so in the
near future.  I had a need for this package so started packaging and
maintaining it (and enjoyed doing so), when I announced this to the
VPython community they where positive and I discovered more people had
a need for this Debian package, they even repeatedly they asked if
this could get into Debian.

I was thinking of only applying for DD when I had proven to myself I
could handle maintaining it in Debian and/or if my sponsor
asked/suggested so.  Hence getting the package in Debian is more
important to me then maintaining it myself and I would be open to
Jonas adopting it.  If a sponsor appeared that would even be better
though, but Jonas has been the only person showing interest so far.

> > (later, in the small groups setup that could be different.)
>
> I don't know the "small groups setup" you mention - could you please
> point me to more on that?

I'm curious as well...

Cheers
Floris

--
Debian GNU/Linux -- The power of freedom