Re: RFS: python-visual - VPython 3D scientific visualization library

On Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 11:33:02AM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> On 02-04-2005 18:14, Floris Bruynooghe wrote:
>
> > I have been packaging VPython for some time now and would like to get
> > it into the main Debian archive.  There has been an ITP for this way
> > back in September 2001 (#112118) which was retitled to RFP in December
> > 2002 due to nothing happening with it.
>
> > Hopefully I tempted someone to sponsor this package.
>
> Are you requesting sponsorship or adoption of the package?
>

> I have had a look at the package, and find your packaging very well
> done. I'd like to adopt it if that's ok with you.
>
> I do not, however, want to sponsor your package as part of you becoming
> a Debian Developer (I _do_ want more Debian developers, I just don't
> believe in the current package sponsoring logic).

it would not help him to become a developer if you take the
package out of his hands. he needs to show his l33t packageing
skills and ability to handle weired debian users/developers to
build esteem and impress his AM in the current system.

(later, in the small groups setup that could be different.)