Re: Debian-Edu at Russia and CeBIT

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Ralf Gesel|ensetter wrote:

at Chemnitz I attended the discussion part of your presentation.
To stupid that I had to walk away that soon - we should at least have
signed our keys (not for collecting yet another signature, but to
learn to know yet another Debian-Edu member).

Remember the elderly guy who just wouldn't stop mourning: it is your
task to address the physicians - they won't make it to find debian-edu?
I had a talk with an elderly guy for one hour after my talk - perhaps
it was the same.

Well, now it seems, you gave it a thought, bringing debian-edu and -med
to the people :))
Well, I also try to bring Debian-Jr, Debian-Lex, ... to the people, but
the two you mentioned are the ones I have no problems to report about
because I know them best.

AFAIK there is no "worldmap" so far - there is Norway, Europe and
Well, we might have a chance if the Russian schools are in the European
part ...

Germany - but e.g. schools in Marocco don't show. Maybe we can get the
debian-gis people to do the web mapping for us - they contacted us at
Chemnitz because
- schools could broaden the range of usage of free GIS systems
- schools could provide free geodata...
Would be interesting.

Good, thanks for that - did you join Thomas who was advertising
Debian-Edu in Hannover, too?
I was only there last Wednesday and yes, I meet Thomas, but I guess you
do not mean Thomas Lange who did advertising FAI and not Debian-Edu ...

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de