Re: eZ in Debian-Edu and on skolelinux.org?

Am Saturday 22 January 2005 16:56 schrieb Jonas Smedegaard:
> On 20-01-2005 12:40, Herman Robak wrote:

> > What is required to maintain a configuration in a sane way?
> > Since the configuration itself may have bugs, it is of course vital
> > that it can be upgraded, even after the admin has tweaked it.
>
> Whatever installed by the package must be maintained by the package as
> well.

Very well put. Hopfully one day there will be tools that maintainers can rely
on to handle config files without getting in the way of users nor having them
do all the basic update chores by hand or chance.

I.e. with a well maintainable tool that can check/validate and set arbitrary
config settings I guess there might allready be more fully debconfized config
files in debian, and idealy without any "## debconf -do not modify" areas.

Here is where the ideas from Config4GNU[1] and DControl[2], even though their
intention came and include the GUI level, seem more helpful than other config
tools.

-Christian

[1]
http://freedesktop.org/Software/CFG