weekly report week 50

Done last week:

 - Spent more time than usual dealing with new security holes, about 1.5
   days total spent on security this week. Mostly because there were
   more new holes than usual.
 - Sent in another report to the release team about unfixed security holes
   in sarge. We're getting much better, except for KDE..
 - Ordered and set up a new switch for my home network since the old hubs
   were overfull and dying.
 - Some fixes for s390 install testing.
 - Fixed a bug in tasksel with test scripts returning code 2, which could
   be used by CDDs.
 - Worked with Wichert to move three subversion repos to costa, the
   upcoming replacement for alioth, as part of its beta test program.
 - Continued trying to get a fix for the kernel symbols incompataility
   problem, although really the kernel team has been doing all the work.
   Today I think we finally know what has caused it.
 - Set up an alpha and learned how to install Debian on it, etc. Not part of
   the automated test setup yet since I need remote power control for this
   box.
 - Fixed srm-reader bug that made it always suggest Albanian as the
   default language.

Plans for this week:

 - Register/tickets for Jan dev meeting. Really this time!
 - Continue to deal with kernel symbol versioning problems in unstable that
   are breaking installs using some d-i daily builds. Look into making the
   daily builds download udebs from unstable until it's resolved.
 - Figure out what's wrong with my proliant (hangs every night).
 - Work on RC bugs on debian-edu packages.
 - Work on making the CD I build look more like Finnarne's

--
see shy jo