Re: debian-edu-sarge login problem, different kickerrc for kde2 and kde3

On Friday 10 December 2004 14:21, TorstI lost a couple of minutes googgling
for it. I shall never forgive you.ein Dybdahl wrote:
> Hi.
>
> We have at my school a
> woody skoklelinux server with many users.
>
> We have put up 4 debian-edu-sarge workstations.
> We have the problem that a users have login with failsafe and then login
> into kde.
>
> This is the first time a user is wanting to us sarge based debian-edu.
>
> The problem stops after this procedure.
> Is there some way to make some changes to all users, fixing this problem.
>
> Does someone know how to enable two different  profiles?
> One for kde2 on woody and kde3 on sarge for the same user.

yes:
- set the KDEHOME variable to something other then ~/.kde (which is the
default) for either the kde2 or kde3 profile (by setting it in ~/.bashrc or
~/,bash_profile)

NOTE: you can check the kde-version used with the command 'kde-config
--version | grep "^KDE"'

--
cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis):
    Coördinator Belgisch Skolelinux team