Re: Error testing net for thinclients

fredag 3. desember 2004, 23:54, skrev Ralf Gesel|ensetter:
| Am Freitag, 3. Dezember 2004 19:01 schrieb Axel Bojer:
| > * The diskettes should be OK too, they are booting.
|
| Hi Axel,
|
| if thin clients boot from floppy but not through LAN/PXE, then here must
| be the error.

They always have. They have pxe-cards, but they never wanted to start up from
them, so we downloaded the fitting diskettes. - This used to work, before the
server was moved ...

| - Either the protocoll (PXE/Etherboot) is the wrong one

How do i check that?

| - Or the PXE ROM-settings changed somehow (I had this at several
| machines myself): Assuming you have a Bios supporting your PXE cards,
| make sure that not only the boot order says LAN first, but also look
| for an entry "Enable PXE Bootprom" or the like somewhere in "integrated
| periphals". Then observe the screen whil booting. Is there a message
| like: Press ESC to select boot device? If so, hit ESC and manually type
| the key for "Network first".

I suppose your tips regards the thinclients?
My thinclients bios says:
1. Network
2. Diskette
3. LanDesk Service Age (What is this, anyway?)
4. CD
5. Hard disk

No matter if I used the diskette or not it wont`t use the network to start up.
Power On Source: Chipcard, Lan, Remote and Timer - everything "enabled".
It tries, and always did, to start from the network card ("Dhcp ..."), but
always fails to do soemthing more, and starts Grub instead if I don`t stop
it.

-AB