Re: debian-edu-sarge login problem, different kickerrc for kde2 and kde3

On Friday 10 December 2004 14:48, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis) wrote:
> On Friday 10 December 2004 14:21, TorstI lost a couple of minutes
> googgling
>
> for it. I shall never forgive you.ein Dybdahl wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > We have at my school a
> > woody skoklelinux server with many users.
> >
> > We have put up 4 debian-edu-sarge workstations.
> > We have the problem that a users have login with failsafe and then
> > login into kde.
> >
> > This is the first time a user is wanting to us sarge based debian-edu.
> >
> > The problem stops after this procedure.
> > Is there some way to make some changes to all users, fixing this
> > problem.
missed the "make the changes to all users" bit, which changes things cause
this means you're better of adding the extra settings through KDEDIRS

1. put the kickerrc file for kde2 in <somedir>/kde2/share/config/, and the
file for kde3 in <somedir>/kde3/share/config/
2. install desktop-profiles from (package can be found at
developer.skolelinux.no/~cobaco/desktop-profiles)
3. change <somedir> to whatever you used in 1 in the attached custom.listing
file
4. drop the changed custom.listing file in /etc/desktop-profiles

(step 2-4 may be  replaced by rolling your own solution for setting up the
KDEDIRS variable)
--
cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis):
    Coördinator Belgisch Skolelinux team

#needed to keep the debian-edu setup when using desktop-profiles
kde3-specific;/usr/share/debian-edu/common;0;;KDE;Common Debian-edu KDE setup