weekly report week 50
Done last week:
- Worked on a few more last minute fixes on d-i.
- Did a lot of testing of last-minute changes to kbd-chooser with USB
keyboard. Luckily this caught the bugs before we released it.
- Reworked tasksel's desktop task to make it smaller, so a usable desktop
fits on the first Debian full CD again.
- Set up a sparc to automatically run d-i installation tests every day.
- Fixed partman-auto to work on sparc.
- Worked on getting the sources and udebs in testing fully consistent.
It is now except for a few packages that will be very hard to fix.
- Began setting up automatic s/390 installation testing using the hercules
- Fixed bug that had broken installs from USB floppies.
- Fixed s390-dasd bug that made it loop forever.
- Continuing work on tracking new security holes in sarge and backtracking
to check old CAN's. Did a few hundred, followed up on some more, and saw
a lot of security fixes get into testing this week.
Plans for this week:
- Finish s390 stuff.
- Maybe release d-i rc2? Please..
- Return my loaner laptop, and find a new living room-based d-i test
system for testing usb installs and such.
- Finish checking all relevant CANs and CVEs for sarge with the rest of
- Add some automated tests of debian-edu using the new test system.
But first, I have to figure out some way to do preseeding of debian-edu
- Work on RC bugs on debian-edu packages.
General TODO list:
- Assign bugs in the Debian BTS for the items listed in
(After verifying/reproducing them).
- Read over the new English translation of the drift book.
- Register/tickets for Jan dev meeting
see shy jo