Thin Clients: No Boot Device (sometimes)

Hi there,

sometimes I have thin clients that just won't boot up from LAN
(Mini-ITX). In such cases, the device seems to be quite stubborn,
turning off/on doesn't help.

I didn't have this problem in months (after sending in one client that
had "no boot device" failures every 2nd boot). But now I have changing
devices that seem to refuse boot for the whole day then.

Is this really only a question of the NIC / bios? Or could it be that
ltspserver is to slow to react at some point? Are there known problems
with switches like this? What kind of trouble shooting would you
recommend?

Thanks
Regards
Ralf