Re: Q/Hint: ldap-account-manager

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 02:44:26AM +0200, Ralf Gesel|ensetter wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> yesterday, some fair visitor (actually: some students who built their
> own debian based school system) pointed me to this package that must
> have some features in common with wlus. Didn't check it any further
> yet, possibly it's not available for woody. Just wondering if anyone of
> you knows about its intersection with wlus?

yes, does anyone know?

i looked at the feature list in the readme and it seems to do
pretty much the same as webmin-ldap-user-simple. it does it in a
slighly different context, though: it is written in php and it is
apache based. php is frequently frowned upon because of its
crappy internal structure and development style. Apache is known
to be good, but we use webmin. that said, if one could have
agreed upon some other language then php (e.g. perl) both sides
could have saved themselfs some efford. We will continue working
on the user administration interface and are still looking for
people to work together with. However with debian-edu moving
towards cerebrum and kerberos, the air (aka the number of people
interested in the same goals) is getting thinner.