Re: How bandwidth requirement could be reduced when using thin clients?

* Knut Yrvin (knuty@skolelinux.no) [041004 02:45]:
> I'we written a document about the need for reducing the bandwith in thin
> client solution in Skolelinux/debian-edu.

note that AFS will decrease bandwidth consumption (in comparison
to the present nfs based solution), too, because it uses local
caching.

the time untill this is implemented will likely be longer then
for the NX solution and the bandwidth saving potential is lower,
since nfs does not *waste* bandwidth quite as badly as X does, it
only does not *save* it agressively as AFS attempts to do.