Re: Draft spec for cerebrum in Debian Edu

Mathias Meisfjordskar writes:
>[ Petter Reinholdtsen ]
>
>>    - email tree (for exim) (is there a generic format for this?)
>
> No. We've defined our own structure here as well. It's pretty generic
> so it should work for Debian-Edu.

Not really.  It can only be used along with an LDAP schema which defines
the attributes and object classes that are produced.  That schema is
currently private to UoO and was mostly designed with our needs in mind.
We need to switch to a schema which is more suitable for publication.

The current plan is to first look for an existing public schema which we
can use, and if that fails, revise our own, publish it as an RFC and
register its schema elements with IANA.

The RFC route will take time, though.  How fast does Debian-Edu need
this?

> We'll look into it.

Yup.

--