Re: Outcome of Custom Debian Distro Workshop in Florence

as> * Otavio Salvador (otavio@debian.org) [040928 23:02]:
>> I think this is possible if we use some dpkg triggers ... we probably
>> will need to provide a package to add this support but should not be
>> so dificilt. Think about how apt-listchanges and apt-utils works. Is
>> the same.

as> i thought dpkg triggers were not implemented yet?
as> or do you mean we should add a *dpkg* package with this support?

as> which aspect of apt-listchanges and apt-utils do you mean? I just
as> re-read the respective man pages and dont understand how
as> extracting templates or changelog files or anything from the
as> to-be-installed packages solves the problem at hand.

as> please elaborate.

apt-utils package, pre-configure all debconf question *before* all
packages are installed. Right? So, is the same approuch but before we
configure, we can read a file and then preseed the debconf and the do
apt-utils run normaly.

,----[ /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/70debconf ]
| // Pre-configure all packages with debconf before they are installed.
| // If you don't like it, comment it out.
| DPkg::Pre-Install-Pkgs {"/usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure --apt || true";};
`----

We need only provide a file in a default way like DEBIAN/preseed and
then process it on dpkg-preconfigure.

IMHO, this is the way to go.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R