Re: konqueror doesn't use proxy by default

Am Montag 20 September 2004 20:01 schrieb Stefan Padberg:
> I was wondering whether there is another mechanism for activating the use
> of   squid. I thought that it cannot be that the pupils themselves can
> activate/deactivate(!) the use of the proxy server!

Well, the pupils should be able to surf without having to enter the proxy (or
using opera). To prevent pupils from accessing the web directly by
deactivating the proxy, you must restrict access to 10.0.2.2 which is tjener
on you dsl router / firewall.

I just copied two files into some config folder and now spread it to all
users:
__
# script (users.lst contains a list of all existing users):
for a in `cat /root/ralf/users.lst`
 do
   cp -pfv /root/ralf/config/* /skole/tjener/home0/$a/.kde/share/config/
   chown -R  $a.$a /skole/tjener/home0/$a/.kde/share/config
done
__
# file config/kio_httprc (disabled cache manually to save disc space on ltsp)
MaxCacheSize=0
SendUserAgent=true
UseCache=false
UserAgentKeys=o
cache=Verify
__
# file config/kioslaverc
[Proxy Settings]
NoProxyFor=localhost
Proxy Config Script=
ProxyType=1
ftpProxy=http://webcache:3128
httpProxy=http://webcache:3128
httpsProxy=http://webcache:3128

Maybe this helps for you, too. Have to try the result tomorrow, I did this
script remotely.

Regards
Ralf