Re: Packages we should push into Debian

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> The release of Sarge is getting closer, and I'm looking at
> <URL:http://developer.skolelinux.no/info/cdbygging/sl-packages.txt> to
> check which packages we need to get into debian.  There is still quite
> a lot of packages in need of an upload.

I'm worried that it may already be too late to get new packages into
Debian. The last release update has August 17th as the last day for
low-urgency uploads, and a freeze 10 days later on the 28th. That leaves
4 days to get packages uploaded and out of the NEW queue, probably too
little without a very helpful ftp-master giving these priority. The
packages would also have to be nearly perfect on their first upload.

> Some of them have an
> prospective maintainer assigned.  Please get these packages uploaded
> into the archive as soon as possible.
>
>   locale-config-skolelinux              ilmari         L       S
>
>     Configures global language settings.  Being integrated into
>     d-i/base-config by Konstantinos Margaritis.  License is GPL.

I think this is the most important one. What is the status,
Konstantinos?

--
see shy jo