FET - tablix - intime - schooltool

Dear list,

I always argued to focus on educational usage for skolelinux - but here is an
administrative question (maybe you wish to forward me to a more apt list):

We are designing the timetable for the year to come. Involved are nearly 100
teachers, 50 classes, 1000 courses that must be fit into 33 lessons.

Many schools in Germany use a commercial product from Austria (gp-units by
pedav), which is quite good (and dear), but is more and more windowized (once
pure DOS) meaning that wine reaches its ends.

As I have the option to export all data in an exchangable format, I thought
about supporting the development of GPL projects, this is what I found:

http://www.lalescu.ro/liviu/fet/index.html

"FET is an evolutionary program (using a genetic algoritm) for automatically
generating the timetable of a school, high-school or faculty. It is licensed
under GNU/GPL (free software, open source). It is designed to be used in a
free software operating system, like GNU/Linux." ...

"Other free software for school administration/scheduling:

TABLIX: http://users.kiss.si/~k4fe1336/tablix/
SchoolTool: http://www.schooltool.org/
intime: http://intime.sourceforge.net/ "

Is anybody on this list familiar with one or another of these?

Thanks
Regards
Ralf