Re: There is a DoS vulnerability in Java 1.4 (URL)

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Finn-Arne Johansen wrote:

> > Yes - and my question was: Are there any Debian-packages from this which
> > handle alternatives etc nicely?
>
> They had to be build first, right ?
Sure.  The first poster just talked about some stuff which existed
and needed a security update.  Even the existence of the old
existing (insecure) one was news to me.

> Well, Blackdown is also non-free.
>
> Java is not Open Source, and I guess it never will be ...
Unfortunetely, yes. :-(

>  deb http://ftp.skolelinux.no/ ~finnarne/mozilla/
>  deb-src http://ftp.skolelinux.no/ ~finnarne/mozilla/
This is the information I was lookong for.  Many thanks for providing
this!

> Please test, and report back at
>  bugs.skolelinux.no #802
I have to admit that I will have three weeks of vacation first ...

Thanks for your fine work

            Andreas.